Breast cancer occurs when the tissues inside the breast starts growing and divide in breast in uncontrollable manner. Almost 1 in 8 women are diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form the tissues of the breast. These cells tend to grow and divide rapidly giving them a cancer form.
Our main aim is to preservation, i.e., to preserve the natural look of women’s breast and to save lives. Breast preservation involves lumpectomy procedure. However, breast preservation has some limitations. It is limited to the patient having only one cancer in the breast and the cancer should also not be too big. Below are the details of various procedures and surgeries that are used for the treatment of breast cancer.
However, in some case if the breast is removed or the part of the breast is removed, then it is reconstructed again through reconstruction surgery. Reconstruction surgery is a plastic surgery used to restore the shape of the breast. Through this the breast size and shape doesn’t get affected.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer may include:
- A lump in breast that feels different from other surrounding tissues.
- Change in the size, shape and appearance of the breast
- Changes in the skin of breast.
- Peeling or scaling of the skin area on the breast surrounding the nipple area.
- Redness on the skin of breast.
Causes of Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer can be hereditary. If anyone in the family has already suffered from breast cancer then there are 5 to 10 percent chances of getting it.
- Women are more likely to have breast cancers
- Increasing age is the another factor of breast cancer.
- If the patient had previously done breast biopsy, then it increases the risk of breast cancer.
- If the patient had breast cancer in one breast, then there is a possibility of getting the cancer on second breast.
- Previous exposure to radiation therapy or treatment can also lead to breast cancer.
- Obesity is another reason for breast cancer.
- Having first child after 30 can increase the risk of breast cancer.
- High amount of alcohol consumption increase the risk of breast cancer.
Depending on these factors the surgery can be done to
- Remove as many cancer cells as possible
- To find whether the cancer has reached the lymph nodes and perform surgery according to that.
- Reconstruct the breast shape after the cancer is removed.
- Minimize the symptoms of advanced cancer.
Dr. Amit Chakraborty
Dr. Amit Chakraborty is a Surgical Oncologist in Girgaon, Mumbai and has an experience of 15 years in this field. He is a well known cancer specialist with an expertise in diagnosing and treating head and neck cancer.
Patient Reviews & Feedback
3563+ Happy Patients
- Vandana Sharma
Best Cancer Surgeon. Dr Amit Chakraborty is a very kind, supportive and skillful Cancer Surgeon. He has treated and cured numerous complicated Throat, Neck and Mouth cancer cases successfully.
- Pranit Patil
A special thanks to Dr Amit Chakraborty, Amit Cancer Care, one of the finest Oncosurgeons in India and such a delightful personality! I simply cannot thank him much for his relentless efforts in treating my father. He has a magic in his words while explaining things calmly. He is the one who boosted confidence in the 1st visit itself and everything sounded so easy after in his presence. All the best Dr.Amit for your future endeavors!
Blogs & Videos
There are many diseases like Heart Failure and others which have a worse prognosis or a higher death ratio in the world. But still today, Cancer is considered as a Taboo in the society.
Surgery and/or radiation treatment may be used to treat early-stage malignancies of the throat since they are tiny, localized, and highly curable when treated early.
Cancer, in terms of biology, is nothing more than a collection of sick cells that divide at a much faster rate than the usual rate. A tumor of this kind forms spontaneously, displacing healthy cells, and spreads fast throughout the body.
Can mouth cancer get cured on its own? Does mouth cancer need any treatment? In this video, Dr. Amit Chakraborty (M.S. Gen. Surgery, M.Ch. Oncosurgery) will guide us in-depth about this topic.
Why are the cases of Head & Neck Cancer increasing in India? It has been identified that in past few years the cases of Head & Neck Cancer are growing rapidly in our country. Why is it so? In this video, Dr. Amit Chakraborty (M.S. Gen. Surgery, M.Ch. Oncosurgery) will guide us about this topic.
What are the various treatment options for Head & Neck cancer? In this video, Dr. Amit Chakraborty (M.S. Gen. Surgery, M.Ch. Oncosurgery) will shed a light on different types of treatments to cure head & neck cancer.